Yes, I caved. I remember when the first Jaclyn Hill x Morphe collaboration came out (No, not last year’s palette in the white packaging, the black packaging where she picked out her favourite existing Morphe shades and put them into a palette). I stayed up for hours to place a group order at midnight on the Morphe website, which was crashing for two straight hours. Years later (I wanna say four years later?), I can say that I’ve used that palette about three to four times. And comparing the quality of those eyeshadows to eyeshadows in 2018…..I don’t know why I went so dang nuts for that original palette when it first launched.
So to make sure that I didn’t jump the gun, I waited to read reviews about this new collaboration. After patiently waiting a few weeks, I bought it from Ulta. This is my first time using it, and it’s exactly what I expected – formula-wise, I’m not blown away yet….I think it’s meh. BUT, I was really feeling this eye look today. So much so, that it inspired me to bring back my ever-so-neglected winged eyeliner.
- Clarins SOS Primer in Rose 01*
- Benefit Hello Happy Soft Blur Foundation #1
- Benefit Boi-ing Brightening Concealer in No. 1
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Powder in Fair*
- Hard Candy Eyes the Limit Eye Shadow Primer*
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
- Quo Blush Duo in Just Blush*
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Highlighter in Exposed Highlight*
- Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Armed & Gorgeous Palette
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner Micro Tip in Intense Black*
- Lise Watier V Element Mascara in Volcanic Black*
- Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Cathedral
PR samples noted with an asterisk (*)