As I sat on a patio the other night clenching my jacket closed, the harsh reality of summer being over began to set in.
And while I’ll miss summer dearly, I’m ready to revamp my makeup and wear those warm and rusty shades I lust over. So, I’ve picked out the top 5 items that have me itching for the leaves to change.
- NYX Ultimate Edit in Wam Neutrals – I just cracked open this palette for the first time a few weeks ago, and I swear, I could smell cloves and cinnamon in the air. The colour story is autumn in a palette and I can’t wait to use it more.
- Smashbox Cover Shot Palette in Ablaze – Of course, I have an excess of fall palettes so I had to pick one more for this post. Ablaze has similar shades to NYX’s Warm Neutrals but with some more caramel-y options. So many possibilities!
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution in Legendary Queen – I’m going to try my best to push those subtle neutral shades to the back of the drawer and pull shades like this one right to the front. Dare I make deep reds my colour of the season?
- BareMinerals Gen Nude Powder Blush in You Had Me At Merlot – Oh man, this shade is perfect for fall. It reminds me of Clinique’s Cheek Pop Blush in Cola (which I still haven’t worked up the energy to buy), but in a beautiful matte finish.
- essie in Playing Koi – This gorgeous nail polish is the quintessential fall colour. This intensely pigmented pumpkin shade will be making several appearances on my nails this fall.