A little while ago, I got nominated for the Liebster Award, and I was
SUPER excited – however, I got so busy with real-life stuff, I wasn’t
able to make my own nominations and do the whole Liebster-shebang (*bad
Shawna*). Lightning struck twice, when I got nominated a few days ago,
and was reminded about what a slow-poke I was, when nominated the first
time, so I better do an awesome double-duty post.
The Liebster Award is an award you can nominate for bloggers who have a following of 200 or less, who you think have been doing a great job in the blogging community. It’s a great way to promote other blogs, help grow some followers, and share some of your favourite blog treasures.
The rules are as follows:
- Share the name and a blog link to the person (or people, in my case) who
so graciously nominated you – A BIG thank you goes out to the lovely ladies who
nominated me: Kirby from The
Mercurial Magpie (she “Loves nail polish & beauty, pirates,
mermaids and chow chows”), as well as Kaitlyn from FromRunwaysToRealways (A
self-professed “beauty obsessed PhD student).
- Display the Liebster Award widget on the side of your blog.
- Answer the 11 questions set by the blogger who nominated you ( I’m going
to be answering 22, 11 from each blogger)
- Provide 11 random
facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 of your favourite blogger, who have less than 200
followers – share the love!
- Make 11 questions, that you have been dying to ask, for your nominees.
- Inform the
people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster
award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it
(they might not have ever heard of it!)
- Post the rules.
And my nominees are:
- Becky from Pause For Polish
- Alessandra from The
- Tiffany from Polished To
- Sandra from Petite & Polish
- Krystal from Miss Fancy Nails
questions for them are:
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- If you could get any nail polish that your heart desired, what would it be?
- What was your favourite beauty trend of 2013?
- What do you think will be the newest 2014 beauty trend?
- What is the longest amount of time that you have spent doing your makeup or
- What is a blog goal that you are striving to reach this year
- How many bottles of nail polish do you own?
- When you aren’t blogging, what can you be found doing?
- Which movie do you think will win the Oscar for “Best Picture”?
- What one beauty product can you not say no to?
- Give me your number 1, must-read book suggestion.
Here are Kaitlyn’s questions:
- How did you come up with
the name of your blog?
I wanted it to have something to do with a quote about nails, and
everything witty that I could think of was taken!
- If you
could only wear clothes from one store/one designer for the rest of your
life, which/who would it be?
Fifth Avenue – I went there once to look around, and it was HUGE.
They had everything I would ever want to wear. I could never afford
it, but this is a “money is no object” kind of question, right?
is your favourite beauty product to purchase?
polish! I can’t say no.
is your favourite type of blog post to read?
blogs, or pop culture blogs.
trip you’ve ever gone on – details please!
haven’t had the chance to travel much, but I did get the chance to go to Washington, D.C.,
which I loved! I was really excited to see all of the historical
statues and buildings.
movie of all time?
dont make me choose, Kaitlyn! Hmmm…..Mean Girls.
people tell you that you look like a certain celebrity? If so, who? If
not, who would you like people to say you look like?
was once told that I looked like Emma Roberts, but I’m pretty sure it was
because we happened to have been rocking the same hair-do at the
time. She’s beautiful, and talented, so I’ll take it.
are in a rush in the morning. What is your go-to outfit and beauty look?
and a t-shirt, minimal beauty stuff – concealer, do my brows, and maybe
some tinted lip balm.
is your favourite type of music and why?
I love all kinds of music, at this very moment I’m digging country, and
it’s DEFINITELY thanks to the show “Nashville” – you should all watch
is something you’ve always wanted to learn but haven’t yet?
always wanted to learn sign language – I’ve been trying to learn it for a
while, on my own, but I’d love to enroll in some classes, and learn from
is your dream job and why?
My 2 nominators had a few similar questions, so
here are the rest of Kirby’s questions, that weren’t doubles:
- What nail polish color
can you not resist buying?
glitters, hands down.
- Your house is burning
down/you’re on a deserted island/you’re being abducted by aliens,
etc….which 5 polishes would you take with you?
Polish in “Funhouse”, Glamn Polish in “Total
Eclipse”, Color Club in “Cosmic Fate”, Revlon in
“Facets of Fuchsia”, and Zoya in “Payton”.
- What inspired you to get
into nail polish in the first place?
some indie colours online, and saw all of the different colour
combinations, and possibilities, so I wanted to join the party.
- What technique have you
struggled with in the past and now mastered?
- What technique do you
still struggle with?
- What is your favorite
type of manicure to do?
- How do you organize/keep
track of your polishes?
I have a
7-drawer Sterilite storage unit, that I keep my beauty products in.
- What commercial brand is
but Zoya is currently giving them a run for their money.
- What indie brand is your
to choose from, I love Glam Polish, and as far as ones that I have been
admiring from afar…..Indigo Bananas! Seriously, have you SEEN
“Hot Ice Cream For Cold Days”?
*Update* I forgot my random facts! Here we go:
1) I have a cat named Frak.
2) In 2013, I crossed off a task on my bucket list – “Be a contestant on a game show.”
3) My newest beauty addiction is lipstick – my collection is becoming too much for me to handle.
4) I was a University cheerleader, and absolutely loved it!
5) I hate tomatoes and zucchinis.
6) I own the entire series of 30 Rock on DVD.
7) My shoe size in high heeled shoes in 1.5 sizes smaller than my regular, sneaker/boot size.
8) Growing up, I never owned any video game system, more advanced than a Game Boy.
9) I LOVE Red Hot Chili Peppers and Green Day.
10) My favourite tv shows as a child were Lambchop’s Play Along, and Under the Umbrella Tree.
11) I love to cook and bake.
Thank you for the nomination!!! But just so you know… you forgot your 11 random facts!!! 🙁 I wanted to read them!
Gah! It was so wordy, I didn't even realize that I forgot it – I'll do it now 🙂